Looking to work for an exciting, innovative company that is setting the bar in online education? Come be part of the world’s most exciting collaborative learning platform team. See details below.
Artella Front-end Web Developer (Angular)
Artella is looking for a talented front-end web developer to help us expand our platform. We are a small team, sharing responsibilities, and tackling everything necessary to get the job done. If you are a front-end engineer who loves coding the best user experience possible, we want to talk to you. You will work with the product owner, backend developers and technical operations engineer to improve Artella for our current and future clients. Our product is built using Angular, TypeScript, Material, rxjs, HTML5, CSS3, SVG. Dedicated backend developers provide APIs using a mix of HTTPS, websockets, JSONAPI, elasticsearch, redis, postgres and RabbitMQ.
Fully remote work is available. Our main offices are in Emeryville, CA and New York, NY. The development team has worked remotely for 8 years with team members located in Australia, New Zealand, Spain, and USA. We coordinate via daily video calls, Slack, Asana and GitHub.
● Experience developing Angular (v13) components, services and routes using TypeScript
● Experience with reactive programming techniques (rxjs), promises and async patterns
● Experience blending Angular components, web APIs and third-party libraries
● Experience with modern layout techniques (grid, flexbox, CSS variables, Observer APIs)
● Comfortable juggling multiple projects with complex UI components
● Empathy for customers and experience delivering features that are accessible to
evergreen browsers and a wide variety of people and devices
● Experience in visual and interaction design to deliver a quality customer experience
● Experience with software development lifecycle (version control, git, agile practices)
● Experience developing review tools including sketching via pen/touch inputs (paper.js)
● Experience with media in a web context (video APIs, image optimization, web audio)
● Experience with file management in a web context (File System APIs)
● Experience developing UI components to fit established brand guidelines (Material UI)
● Experience with stores/caching and optimistic UI techniques to deliver a responsive UX
● Experience automating UI component tests (Spectator/Jest, Storybook)
● Experience with manual browser testing, debugging and technical support
● Experience with frontend devops (Angular CLI, npm, GitHub and Jenkins)
● Interest in the state of front-end development, industry trends, emerging browser
capabilities and practical adoption of new features to improve our products
● Experience balancing feature development, bug fixes and tech debt in a live product
● Knowledge of video, animation, game or other creative industry workflow practices
● Knowledge of information management, privacy and security principles
● Knowledge of CMS and LMS systems
If you have some of these skills and are keen to learn more and excited to work on a product in the creative/collaborative space — we want to hear from you!
Aside from our daily team catch ups we have no fixed work hours. This role offers significant scheduling flexibility.
Artella is the collaboration platform for making animated films, commercials, video games and
virtual reality content. Our vision is to unleash and unite the creative potential of the world. Artella is a Yellowbrick Animation Mentor company.
If interested, please use our Contact Us form with a link to your resume/cv.