Updated on February 11, 2021
If you’re an independent film or game creator, you may or may not be aware that Artella has been evolving to better serve the professional film and game industry, specifically studios with teams of 15 artists or more. You can see our new site at www.artella.com. Although we continued to support indie filmmakers for awhile with the Indie.Artella.com site, we permanently closed that service on October 1, 2020.
This is the timeline for how we transitioned our services from indie artists to studios.
- November 2019 we announced we would be closing the Indie.Artella.coms service to our users.
- June 1, 2020 was the last official day the Indie.Artella.com site was supported.
- Per request, we extended that to September 1, 2020.
- September 10th we began to take down some of the services – namely the Files area.
- On October 1, 2020 Indie.Artella.com was no longer be available and all data was permanently removed.
What We Are Doing for Independent Artists Now
The Artella team has decided to sponsor eight independent projects each year and support those teams by giving our tools free of charge. In addition, we will be providing periodic guest speakers to pass on their knowledge and guidance to these independent teams.
Our hope is to support projects like La Noria, The Wrong Rock, Being Good, Thistle One and Tales from the Multiverse (all made on Artella) to continue being made. Although we’re not offering a place for everyone to create their independent projects we will be selecting and supporting eight projects each year.
Steps for how to apply for this support:
- Submissions will kick off each year in April.
- Each submission should include a video pitch with the creator/s talking about their project, and what they want to do with their project (festivals, sell it, pitch to studios, etc). The video pitch should also include artwork, a timeline for the production and show any production work done on the project to date.
- Video pitches should not be more than 3 minutes in length.
- We will announce the selections via our blog.
The first batch of projects have already been selected and are listed below.
The next round of projects will be selected in April of 2022. Submissions will be announced on Artella’s social channels and blog. Stay tuned and stay creative.
Artella Indie Project Selects:
- Plot Twist – directed by Rodrigo Costa
- Two-Headed Cop – directed by Derek Friesenborg
- Pratt Bros Studios – directed by Beau and Cameron Pratt
- Cat and Moth – directed by India Barnardo
- Pure – directed by Eric Swymer and Chris Figat
- Solstice – directed by Emilio Enigma
- Empathy – directed by Everett Downing
- Totti – directed by Shad Bradbury